Written by our Communications Coordinator – Charni Wiggins
So you’ve made it all the way to Reboot Camp™. You’ve already had an interview, been shortlisted, and shortlisted again and spent 2 days with us… It’s pretty safe to say that you have already invested a considerable amount of time, effort and preparation into the experience.
So lets make the most of your Reboot Camp™ experience by being mindful about a few things…
- Be prepared to face and defeat your fears. Don’t let those nasty negative thoughts take over your mind and affect your performance. You can do it. So keep positive and do your best!
- Be open and responsive to feedback. This is how you’ll know what you need to do to improve. So don’t fear “criticism”, instead, welcome it.
- Be prompt. Aim to get to us 15 minutes early, or 20 or 25. This way, you can’t really go wrong. And even if something does disrupt your journey along the way, at least you have some time to potentially save your skin. Read our ‘How to find us & why use Citymapper’ blog for help.
- Teamwork means cooperation, so cooperate the best you can – there will be many team activities during your 2 weeks to show off your team skills. You can learn something from everyone, and they can learn something from you. So be sure to bear this in mind.
- Have a good think about your pathway with Tech City Stars. Are you a confident communicator? Or do you enjoy nothing more than coding the night away? Are you software or hardware person? This is your decision to make, so make it a good one. You’ll be learning it for the next 13 months, so best enjoy it.
I loved my time at Reboot Camp™ to bits, and am so pleased this was part of my Apprenticeship journey. I met other techies, learned tonnes about myself, and yeah got a job at the end of it too. Awesome!
I hope you enjoy Reboot Camp™ just as much as I did.